The West Health Institute is working with a diverse group of healthcare leaders to develop a national action plan which enables more seniors to safely go home after an emergency room visit, rather than be admitted to the hospital.
Experts and seniors themselves say home-based care can be a more effective way to treat patients with certain diagnoses, while helping lower the costs of healthcare.
Pictured Above: The West Health Advisory Committee on Emergency Department to Home-based Healthcare.
West Health recently convened an Advisory Council meeting in Washington D.C. comprised of these leaders to discuss Emergency Department to Home-based Healthcare. We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to our Advisory Council members which included:
- Co-Chair: Carol Raphael, AARP and Visiting Nurse Service of New York
- Co-Chair: Dr. Bruce Leff, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Co-Chair: Dr. Lynne Richardson, Mount Sinai Hospital of New York
- Jonathan Blum, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Dr. Linda DeCherrie, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Karrie Decker, Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Dr. Jim Dunford, UC San Diego School of Medicine and City of San Diego EMS
- Brent Feorene, Health Dimensions Group
- Dr. Andy Grubbs, Cincinnati Veterans Administration Medical Center
- David Introcaso, National Association of Accountable Care Organizations
- Dr. William Jaquis, LifeBridge Health
- Margherita Labson, The Joint Commission
- Dr. Steven Landers, Visiting Nurse Association Health Group of New Jersey
- Teresa Lee, Alliance for Home Health Quality and Innovation
- Rosa Matonti, University of New Mexico Hospital
- Dr. David Schoenwetter, Geisinger Health System
- Dr. Ken Shay, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Samir Sinha, Mount Sinai and the University Health Network Hospitals in Toronto
- Dr. Albert Siu, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Christina Wild, The Advisory Board Company
West Health will continue to work with these leaders and other collaborators to advance care delivery models which enable seniors to receive healthcare in settings that match their needs and values.